In July, the Royal Resorts Foundation donated $217,620 pesos to Fundación Teletón to sponsor six children with motor, bone and neuromuscular diseases so that they can attend the CRIT Rehabilitation Center in Cancun and receive life-changing therapy.
The CRIT Rehabilitation Center (Centro de Rehabilitación e Inclusión Infantil Teletón) provides diagnosis, physiotherapy, multisensory stimulation, occupational therapy and care for children with mobility challenges, cerebral palsy, autism, cancer and other illnesses. Medical staff and volunteers help children from low-income households, providing therapy and specialist care that will improve their quality of life.
The treatment each child receives depends on his/her medical condition and particular needs and may include strengthening muscles and improving coordination. Some children learn to walk or swim, or to dress themselves and become more independent. Others attend speech therapy sessions or find ways to express themselves through art.
Get involved, support the Royal Resorts Foundation
With your support, the Royal Resorts Foundation is able to:
- Provide study scholarships to schoolchildren and college students
- Fund cancer screening and treatment for low-income patients
- Physiotherapy for children
- Employee emergency relief fund in times of serious illness
- Conservation of the Mayan jungle and wildlife
- Help for local projects during the year such as children’s events, community kitchens, get-togethers for old age pensioners and more.
- Collecting toys and school materials for children in need
Learn more by visiting www.royalresortsfoundation.org and don’t forget to like the Facebook page. Online donations are greatly appreciated and the Royal Resorts Foundation also accepts gifts of new toys (except guns or battery operated toys), school supplies and clothing during the year.
If you have a particular skill or would like to volunteer your time during your vacation to help those in need, give back to the community or do something to protect the planet, the Royal Resorts Foundation would love to hear from you.
Write to: email@example.com