Hurricane Zeta is currently 105 mi/170 km southeast of Cozumel. Given its location and forecast track, the Mexican Government has issued a Hurricane Warning for the east coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, from Tulum to Dzilam. This area includes Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Puerto Morelos, Cancun, Isla Mujeres and Holbox. A Tropical Storm Warning has been declared for the area south of Tulum to Punta Allen and from Dzilam to Progreso.
Zeta will make landfall on the Quintana Roo coast tonight.
If you are staying with us, there is no cause for alarm. Royal Resorts has activated its Hurricane Contingency Plan and is making all necessary preparations to protect guests and the resort installations. Due to the storm’s forecast category, evacuation will not be necessary. The resorts are certified hurricane shelters and our staff is trained to deal with storms and will take great care of you.
You must remain at your resort today, as weather conditions will deteriorate. Do not venture on to the beach or streets.
Guests staying in a beachfront unit at The Royal Sands, The Royal Islander and The Royal Haciendas will be contacted by our security and Front Desk personnel and moved to other units within the Resort as a precaution. If you are in a beachfront unit you only need to pack an overnight bag, as you will be returning to your unit tomorrow.
Please move the terrace furniture into your villa and close the curtains, contact Guest Services at ext. 171 if you need assistance.
Water supply will be normal and you do not need to fill the bathtub.
In the unlikely event that the glass sliding door in your unit breaks, move to the dressing area.
If you feel nervous about staying in your unit, make your way to the lobby area, which is the designated hurricane shelter where staff will make you comfortable.
Important Resort Services Information
Please take note of the following changes to restaurant and store schedules:
- The beach and pools will be closed from 5 p.m. After this time all guests must remain in their unit.
- Beach and pool bars are closed.
- By government order, the sale of alcohol in the Royal Market and the restaurants and bars is suspended until further notice.
- All restaurants and Room Service will close today at 6:30 p.m.
- Hacienda Sisal, Captain’s Cove and El Conquistador are closed today.
- At The Royal Haciendas in Playa del Carmen, Los Murales, Kinoko, La Palapa del Sol and Sol Grill are closed today and Luna Grill will close at 2:30 p.m. La Rotonda will be serving lunch and sandwiches until 6:30 p.m. Take out burgers, sandwiches and snacks will also be available. Room Service will operate until 6:30 p.m.
- The Royal Market will be open until 5 p.m. at all the resorts for the sale of groceries and snacks.
- The Royal Sands and The Royal Cancun boutiques will close today at 3 p.m.
- The Spas and gyms will close today at 3 p.m.
- The Inter-resort Shuttle service will be suspended at 2 p.m. from The Royal Sands and 3 p.m. from The Royal Islander and The Royal Cancun.
- A doctor is on site should you require medical attention.
- Housekeeping service will be limited tomorrow to trash collection and linen changes.
- Guest elevators will stop working after 6 p.m. or as weather conditions permit.
- If you have a flight today, please check the status with your airline.
Further updates and instructions will be published as necessary.